Terms, Duration and Extension of This Protection Plan
This Protection Plan is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein:
- Plan 1 (0–36,000 miles/0–60,000 km initial service):
The initial service(s) must have been performed within 36,000 miles/60,000 km, as shown on the odometer.
- Plan 2 (36,001–75,000 miles/ 60,001–120,000 km initial service):
The initial service(s) must have been performed between 36,001 miles/60,001 km, and 75,000 miles/120,000 km, as shown on the odometer. This Protection Plan will take effect 500 miles/800 km after the first BG Service(s) has been performed by a professional technician.
This Protection Plan for Automatic Transmissions, Front Differentials, Rear Differentials, Transfer Cases, Manual Transmissions, Transaxles, Power Steering, Brake and/or Cooling System will be continued by the performance of the proper BG Service within 30,000 miles/50,000 km of the previous service. One payable claim per service interval is permitted.
This Protection Plan for Engine (gasoline and diesel) and Engine and Fuel (gasoline) will be continued by the performance of the BG Service within 5,000 miles/8,000 km of the previous service. From the date of your Protection Plan enrollment, the vehicle’s engine must be serviced only with the proper grade and weight of engine oil, recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Timing belt and air and oil filter must be replaced and emission control system maintained in accordance with vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
All services referred to in Section A must be performed by a licensed professional service center. You may not change your own oil In the event of a claim, you must provide BG Products, Inc., with satisfactory evidence, according to Section E, that all of the required services referred to in Section A were performed.
A professional technician must perform an approved BG maintenance procedure using proper BG products and equipment. A grace period of 500 miles/800 km will be extended in order to stay within service interval compliance, including initial service.
Claims and Repair Procedures
In the event of a claim, you must notify BG Products Claims Administrator, c/o Dealers Alliance Corporation, prior to having any repairs made by calling 1-800-848-1660.
You must provide the designated claims administrator with information from all of the following:
- All service repair orders as of July 1, 2004, including all applicable BG Part Numbers stated in Section “A,” showing compliance with the terms and conditions of this Protection Plan for each component covered in Automatic Transmission, Front Differential, Rear Differential, Transfer Case, Manual Transmission/Transaxle, Power Steering, Cooling System, Brake System, Engine, Engine and Fuel.
- If necessary, all service repair orders showing compliance with the terms and conditions of previous protection plans or service warranties, (excluding OEM extended warranties) and proof of previous plan.
- Lease agreement if vehicle is leased.
- A complete statement of damage and estimated repair costs.
If required, you must ship the damaged parts, as well as a representive pint sample of vehicle fluid involved with the damaged parts, to:
BG Products, Inc., Laboratory
701 S. Wichita St.
Wichita, KS 67213 USA