Getting a flat tire can be one of the biggest misfortunes you can experience as a driver. Not only is it an inconvenience to you by putting a stop to your day, but it immediately triggers fear with the thought of how much it will cost. If you ever experience a flat tire, we want you to know that our team at Fadely's Auto Masters will do everything we can to minimize your costs and get you back to your routine as soon as possible.
What Are the Signs of a Flat Tire?
Some flat tires are more noticeable than others. Besides a deflated-looking tire, there are other signs you should know of a flat tire.
- You may notice your car's handling feels different
- You may hear a loud sound
- You might feel a vibration as you are driving.
- Worn out tread
- Bulging or blistering spots on the affected tire
- Below average tire pressure
As soon as you notice one or more of these symptoms, you should safely pull over to check it out. If you need assistance in a better inspection of your tires, please come to Fadely's Auto Masters. Our team will run a few tests to see if the tire is recoverable through plug or a patch. If we cannot mend the tire, our technicians will help you pick the right tire for your vehicle and your budget.
Here are some PREVENTATIVE tips to avoid getting a flat tire:
- Be extra observant of the road you are driving on. Try to avoid potholes or any foreign objects on the road.
- Make sure you stay on top of your tire rotations. Rotations ensure that the wear is even on both the front and back tires.
- Make sure your tires are aligned to avoid added pressure on one tire over the other.
- Check your tire pressure on a regular basis and be sure that tire pressure is even in all four of your tires.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your tires, please stop by or call Fadely's Auto Masters! Our service team is always looking forward to seeing new faces.